Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2021 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

January 2021 Check-In Thread

welcome-january.jpg

A new year is often a time that people reflect on past events and is also a great time to renew something in your life. Maybe that renewal or renovation is on your financial body or physical, now is a great of a time as any to shed those extra things holding you down from being the best you possible.

Most people sit down and write out New Year's resolutions.  Credit wise, what is on your list?  

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional & encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judgment zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself kudos for having it all together.

If you're a continuing myFICO fitness challenger: Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! Now that 2020 is behind us, may 2021 be ever more fruitful going forward.

Remember now is the time annual to update your signatures!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: January 2021 Check-In Thread

@Kenny wrote:

welcome-january.jpg

Woot Woot!  Thanks again and Happy New Year again Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 37
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Happy New Year everyone 🎉

Message 3 of 37
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

So I'll start off with goals! The first half of this year will be spent waiting for my student loan lates to age off my reports. Waited 7 long years for this... I can't wait. This should happen by mid year. In the mean time, garden garden garden. Grow my new lines with SP CLI only and keep my debt low. My goal is no apps until 12/1/21...let's see how long I can last!! Cheers to 2021!

Message 4 of 37
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Hey! New MyFico Fitness Challanger here! I have been on these boards a LONG time and feel very confident and proud of my progress.

This second REbuild has been a DOOZY

My goals for this year are:

1. Bulk up the savings account

2.Grow my current cards and get rid of my rebuilders

3. Pay back ALL collections

4. Pay off car loan

5. STAY ON BUDGET!

Can't wait to CRUSH this year financially!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm brand new! Well, not really - I've lurked on this forum FOREVER. In fact, I rebuilt my credit with the advice I found here in 2014-ish... became really depressed early this year, and now I need to rebuild again. I actually started in December and I'm waiting for my Ex/Eq to update, but my TU went from 570-something to 616 from a measly $150 collection being removed! I settled a charge-off that was $10k, hoping I get a similar boost from that somehow, even though I didn't PFD it. 

Hoping to get all three bureaus up to 640 this year. It'll  be hard, but I'd like to buy a house in a couple of years, so ultimate goal is to get to the mid- to upper-700s by then. 

This is an emotional topic for me - it's not 'just money' - everyone in my family has bad credit; my dad just told me he's working with a debt settlement company again and his scores are actually worse than mine - even with the charge-off and collection. =( I want to break the cycle. 

Message 6 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is an emotional topic for me - it's not 'just money' - everyone in my family has bad credit;

my dad just told me he's working with a debt settlement company again 

=( I want to break the cycle. 

You hang in there. You most definitely can break the cycle.  Definitely.  If you ever have any doubts, get on here and ask the forum members anything. ANYTHING.  There are so many ppl that are and have been in your situation, all you have to do is ask and you'll get solid credit advice. 

Remember "Time, strategy and patience"...3 key elements to financial growth and credit repair.  Before you make any decisions with your credit, post here, get some feedback so you know you're headed in the right direction and can avoid costly setbacks. 

Rooting for ya!!!!!!  Plz update often and let us know how you're doing.  2020 BeGone!  Hello 2Heart21!  

Message 7 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@ThetoriParadox wrote:

Hey! New MyFico Fitness Challanger here! I have been on these boards a LONG time and feel very confident and proud of my progress.

This second REbuild has been a DOOZY

My goals for this year are:

1. Bulk up the savings account

2.Grow my current cards and get rid of my rebuilders

2. Pay back ALL collections

3. Pay off car loan

4. STAY ON BUDGET!

Can't wait to CRUSH this year financially!

Solid goals and I'm with you......CRUSH it girl!Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 37
Raison
Established Member

Welcome 2021!!!! 2020 wasnt so bad financially after all.I learnt alot and came a long way.  What better way to start off the year by getting my free scores and reports from experian with the 30 day trial. Not sure what I started 2020 off with but I know it was all gains!!

Currently Im sitting at:

EXP 627 TU 611 EQ 598

Goals are to be between 670 -700 range across the board by the end of the year.

Good Luck to All on your 2021 goals!!!

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the New Year 2021 Smiley Happy

In looking back at 2020, I stayed the course with no new credit products and no inquiries! Scores remained as shown in the signature.

For 2021 the focus will be on utilizing the cards that best fit my needs. Really would like to cull the herd of three more cards. It seems wasted to keep cards that don't maximize my personal goals. Interests are to max rewards!

As to account closings, the effects are virtually non-existent due to account ages. My Ficos have been in the 800s for over five years and no credit seeking is on the horizon. Note, if some new product enters the market that fits my needs ... all bets are off Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.