Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLIs?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Walmart CLIs?

Has anyone hit the luv button more than every 4 mos? Have you had any success in getting a CLI more often than every 4 mos? Also wondering if you've ever gotten a Discover offer from the luv button.

I am really anxious to PC my WM store card to Discover. My TU FICO is over 100 pts higher than when I got the card, mostly because a CA fell off. I should have just waited 2 mos., but I was anxious to get the monthly FICO. Smiley Embarassed

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart CLIs?

@bichonmom wrote:

Has anyone hit the luv button more than every 4 mos? Have you had any success in getting a CLI more often than every 4 mos? Also wondering if you've ever gotten a Discover offer from the luv button.

I am really anxious to PC my WM store card to Discover. My TU FICO is over 100 pts higher than when I got the card, mostly because a CA fell off. I should have just waited 2 mos., but I was anxious to get the monthly FICO. Smiley Embarassed

And a tiny bit of AMEX luv.................Smiley Very Happy

I want to know this info. too, I haven't been successful getting more than 1 in a 4 month span.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 20
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

I want to know this info. too, I haven't been successful getting more than 1 in a 4 month span.

Actually, my TU FICO went up 100 pts after the CA fell off, but my EQ stayed about the same. My EQ went up about 100 pts when Amex reported, and my TU went up a few points at that time.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Actually, my TU FICO went up 100 pts after the CA fell off, but my EQ stayed about the same. My EQ went up about 100 pts when Amex reported, and my TU went up a few points at that time.

100 pts for a CA coming off is fantastic! Congrats!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 20
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Tried for CLi and denied. I think they're still using an old pull/score, and my score has gone up lot. Does anyone know how I could get them to look at a more recent CR/score w/o a HP?

Message 5 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Tried for CLi and denied. I think they're still using an old pull/score, and my score has gone up lot. Does anyone know how I could get them to look at a more recent CR/score w/o a HP?

Call in for a manual review once you get the denial letter in the mail.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 20
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Was wondering, is low utilization and few inquiries important when requesting a CLI's with GE?  or just being a good customer and paying your bill on time is what counts? I ask because I am now using my other cards more and wont really be able to get them back down for a couple months.  I dont want to hit the luv botton if  GE  does look at your full credit report to make a decision.   I'm current on everything just needing to use the other cards more these days and not PIF but paying.

Message 7 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@payingoffdebt001 wrote:

Was wondering, is low utilization and few inquiries important when requesting a CLI's with GE?  or just being a good customer and paying your bill on time is what counts? I ask because I am now using my cards and my other cards more and wont really be able to get them back down for a couple months.  I dont want to hit the luv botton if they do look at your full credit report to make a decision.  I mean I'm current on everything, just needing to use the other cards more these days and not PIF.

I think low util. is a biggie, INQ's not so big.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 20
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@payingoffdebt001 wrote:

Was wondering, is low utilization and few inquiries important when requesting a CLI's with GE?  or just being a good customer and paying your bill on time is what counts? I ask because I am now using my cards and my other cards more and wont really be able to get them back down for a couple months.  I dont want to hit the luv botton if they do look at your full credit report to make a decision.  I mean I'm current on everything, just needing to use the other cards more these days and not PIF.

I think low util. is a biggie, INQ's not so big.

Yeah, what he said.

I've never been late with a payment...often pay more than minimum...but always carry a balance...some wayyyy to high...and I've NEVER had a CLI from any of my GE cards.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 9 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tcbo Was your overall util. high everytime you asked for CLI's?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.