Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Button Missing?

tag
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Button Missing?

@SA0012 wrote:
I tried using the suggested approach and I got a generic decline message with the following message in the notice

Your recent spending on the account is low in relation to your current credit limit.

Does this mean I'm not eligible for any CLIs in future?

It means you need to use the card more and try again later. One denial doesn't mean you are banned from CLIs.

Message 51 of 185
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

It's missing for me, my wife, and it was missing for my Dad before he passed a few months ago for several months. I have no idea why either.

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 52 of 185
DONZI
Established Contributor

I was fiddling around with the amex website and found navigation which will arrive at a bit more graceful to operate page.

The only catch is that the full navigation from login requires a charge card in this example since it's launched by a check spending power link.

One nice feature of this however is that it's possible to switch cards on the fly once landed at the page. (this example is based on US/EN navigation, not sure how another geo may work)

Here's a direct link for anyone without a charge card to try. I assume it will work with a credit card only account since it does allow switching to a Credit Card from a Charge Card without any complaints.

https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/accountprofile/us/view.do?request_type=authreg_mcl&Face=en_US&intlink=us-EDA-CheckSpendingPower-ViewNow

To navigate manually to this page (provided your online card management includes a charge card) :

(amex apparently has changed the flow of the website, steps below no longer result at link above [which still functions as described].)

Select a Charge Card as the active card, then click:
[Benefits] -> Payment & Purchase Flexibility -> [Learn More] -> [Learn More] -> Check Spending Power -> [View Now]

FYI: don't worry, it doesn't initiate any check spending action, just shows the sub-menu which contains that feature along with the "Increase Line of Credit" option, etc.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 53 of 185
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

Same for me! I noticed the button missing a couple of months ago. It's weird because I have a $0.00 balance on my AMEX Hilton Honors revolver with EXCELLENT payment history for the past 4 years. I've never been approved for an CLI on my starting limit and when I decided to pull the trigger and ask for an increase back in November....I noticed the link to request an increase was gone. Thanks for confirming that I am not the only customer who noticed this.

Message 54 of 185
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Request button ... GONE !

Today is 01/15/2022 and the CLI request button is still missing for me. Something is definitely up with AMEX.

Message 55 of 185
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

AmEx - where is CLI?

I'm seeing a lot of posts about AmEx cutting credit lines.  I'm wondering if my issue has anything to do with it.

I can't find the CLI button on AmEx's website or app anywhere... where did it go?  I Googled my question & searched the forums--perhaps I'm missing something.  Is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance!

ETA:  I have 3 cards with them:  $15k Delta Blue, $5k Hilton no-AF, and $4,900 Business Prime.  I tried "Check Spending Power" and input my CL for each of the cards and they hypothetically approved the transactions.  No balances on any of them.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 56 of 185
difringe
Established Contributor

Re: AmEx - where is CLI?

Message 57 of 185
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: AmEx - where is CLI?

@difringe wrote:

Yes, this is a known issue, @simplynoir provided the link in this post

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/AMEX-CLI-Button-Missing/m-p/6435072#M30163...

Perfect.  Thank you!  Got a $4k CLI on my Business Prime.  I'll take it!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 58 of 185
Creditchaser
Established Member

Great News!

I haven't requested a CLI on my Amex Blue Cash in a few years but decide to pull the trigger using the link provided by simplynoir (since the CLI button) is missing under the Accounts Page for me as well.

Just recieved an instant approval!  New credit limit: $20K Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 185
thatguycx
Valued Member

Can't request an American express credit limit increase?

By this question, I mean I literally don't see this option in my online account. I was gonna request some sort of CLI on my BCE that has a little $1K limit on it currently and I've had it for almost a year now. Is there something I'm missing or is this AMEX trying to tell me something? Because I had the option to do it online when I got it but either they moved it somewhere or got rid of it. I dont't see the option to request it online.

Message 60 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.