Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest STARTING limits?

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Highest STARTING limits?

I know there's a thread going around about highest limits, but they are including growth through CLIs.  I was curious what the top end is for starting limits from various issuers.

I know CUs are known for giving out probably the highest limits out of the gate.  Cap1 Venture is also known for high SLs.  Citi is known for low SLs.

So I guess I'll start.  My highest SLs...

Amex EDP $20,000

Amex Hilton NAF $15,000

Amex Delta Gold $10,000

Amex ED $10,000

Cap1 QS $10,000

Chase Freedom $19,800 (though I've seen at least $25K in the approvals forum)

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Highest STARTING limits?

@MrDisco99wrote:

I know there's a thread going around about highest limits, but they are including growth through CLIs.  I was curious what the top end is for starting limits from various issuers.

I know CUs are known for giving out probably the highest limits out of the gate.  Cap1 Venture is also known for high SLs.  Citi is known for low SLs.

So I guess I'll start.  My highest SLs...

Amex EDP $20,000

Chase Freedom $19,800 (though I've seen at least $25K in the approvals forum)
Cap1 QS $10,000

Citi wasn't too bad for me.  I know others had higher though.

Citi Exec 17k 

Citi Prestige 17k (Closed)

CSR 31k is my highest.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 59
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

My high SL arent going to be nearly as high as most people's since im still rebuilding and just now starting to touch 700 FICO

but I figured I'd share anyway.

USB FlexPerks 4K

USB Altitude Reserve 5K

My girlfriend got her highest SL, which is way over any of her other cards from Amex.

SL 13K -> 61 days she only requested 22K and it was approved.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 3 of 59
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

In my case, Oddly enough it was Commerce and 5 / 3. They both started me at 15K. My next highest is my new flagship rewards from nfcu at 12.9 k.

Other than that, all of my higher limits have been through CLI, or combinations in the case of Chase.

My highest CL is NFCU CashRewards @$25k, followed by Home Depot @20k (after last night's massive 19k CLI via HP)
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

$24K NFCU

First credit card I applied for while starting my rebuild

Message 5 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Fidelity Rewards Visa started at $17.5K

Chase Amazon Visa - $17.5K    

Discover it - $10K, just auto-CLI'd to $13K

Citi Best Buy Visa - $12K

State Farm Visa - $11.7K

Message 6 of 59
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

My highest was my Chase Sapphire Preferred which started at $24K.

Message 7 of 59
imaximous
Valued Contributor

So far Cap1 Venture. Started at $30k
Message 8 of 59
EW800
Valued Contributor

My highest SL was when my CapOne Venture opened about a year and a half ago -- $30K.  I was pleasantly surprised, not expecting it to be that high.  

They've given me a couple of CLI's since then, taking it to $36,750 at the moment.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 9 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me:

Chase Hyatt 25k

BOA Premium Rewards 20k

Wife 

Chase Southwest 27k

Barclay Aviator 24k

Chase Southwest 25k

Chase Hyatt 25k

USAA 25k

Message 10 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.