Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor Numbers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Backdoor Numbers

Banks I've attempted recon with a big fat goose egg as my success rate: BofA, Wells Fargo, Chase, Citi, AMEX, Commenity, Discover, Cap One, and US Bank
Message 331 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA E/O: 704-386-5687 doesn't work anymore. Anyone know an alternate number?

Message 332 of 385
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA E/O: 704-386-5687 doesn't work anymore. Anyone know an alternate number?

Updated, thanks.

Message 333 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

For American Express, I had success using 877-621-2639.  I checked my account last night and checked a few cards and saw the "pre-approval".  I was interested in the Cash Magnet card, app'd and got the 10-14 day message (their pre-approvals need some work lol). I tried the number listed in the main thread but had a hard time getting to a human (could have been my fault).  Called the above number, selected "status of application" and when they started asking for info I said "customer service", was connected to a really nice guy who approved the card for $7200 and said that I would be eligible for an increase "soon".

Message 334 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

BB&T Contact info

Since they're popular here's some helpful info if you run into issues.

For pending applications / issues with new accounts:

Bankcard Services at 800-476-4228
6am-12 midnight Monday-Saturday.

BB&T Community Bank Client First Group <BB&TCommunityBankComplaintResolutionGroup@bbandt.com> = Goes to the C-Level office 

800 642 3039 - complaint resolution BBT  (can't remember who provided this from here)

Message 335 of 385
BirthdayBoy

Used the US Bank 800-947-1444 number to request a reconsideration of a credit limit I had just been approved for on a balance transfer card. I successfully reached an underwriter, but was informed that although I had just applied (and been approved) for this card, a FEDERAL LAW required a second hard inquiry on my credit report. This didn't sound right to me, but I am admittedly not as familiar with these things as I once was. I questioned the validity of their claim and was politely told that there was no way around this, so I in turn politely declined to press the issue. 

Message 336 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Backdoor number for Synchrony bank

@overmedicated

Thank you for this info! Someone fraudulently opened a card in my name & I've been getting the run around trying to get someone at synchrony to help. This got me right to a person. Much appreciated!

Also to OP, thank you for asking the question!
Message 337 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

signed up to say WOW thanks for this phone #

Citi: 1-800-695-5171 (New App Status appears US Based w decision ability) - Bubka3

I've been stuck at the we are processing your app and will let you know in 7 to 10 days.

called the above number on a simplicity card app I received the above message for. The guy had me verify my middle intial, address, and phone via text code sent. Put me on hold for about 2 minutes came back with approved with a $6000 SL.

for records I am on a rebuild of about 3 years 704 ex 702 tr  with 3 baddies (medical) that fall off June 2020

I have a cap1 quicksilver at $3000 (1 month ago) and a few builder cards from about 2 years ago with with limits of $850 they are at 5% utilitization.

very happy with the $6000 on the citi card 

thanks again and hi everyone

Message 338 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

wife got denied for chase calling back door number

Message 339 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synovus anyone?
Message 340 of 385
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.