Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest STARTING limits?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Highest STARTING limits?

Capital One Venture - started at $20k...now at $46k, which continues to be my highest. Hover over my siggy to see the rest.
Message 21 of 59
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Recent: 56k CSR (now 75k), 35k Citi Prestige (now 43k)
Message 22 of 59
iced
Valued Contributor

@MrDisco99wrote:

I know there's a thread going around about highest limits, but they are including growth through CLIs.  I was curious what the top end is for starting limits from various issuers.

I know CUs are known for giving out probably the highest limits out of the gate.  Cap1 Venture is also known for high SLs.  Citi is known for low SLs.

So I guess I'll start.  My highest SLs...

Amex EDP $20,000

Amex Hilton NAF $15,000

Amex Delta Gold $10,000

Amex ED $10,000

Cap1 QS $10,000

Chase Freedom $19,800 (though I've seen at least $25K in the approvals forum)

I have only applied for two cards in the last 4 years, so those are really the only SLs that are recent enough to remember:

Chase MileagePlus Club $30k

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30k

DCU has pre-approved me for a card for $10k via their portal, but I haven't taken it. Had I taken it, though, it would imply your theory about CUs offering higher limits is wrong.

Message 23 of 59
Snipper117
Contributor

Cap one venture 30k in January
Delta gold 20k last month

Happily surprised was not expecting either !
10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 24 of 59
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@tacpoly 😱😱
Message 25 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

**EDIT**

My current highest starting limit on a card is $14,000 on the UBER Visa, which I applied for today.

The highest limit for a card on day one for me was the newest card I applied for, the Citi Double Cash @ $6,400.

My current highest limit card is Discover it @ $42,000.  Day one it was $2000, summer of 2003.

My annual income is only 65K a year, I suspect others have 6 figure incomes.

Message 26 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Everyday Card $22k
CSP $17k
Discover $12k
Message 27 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

- are these your particular CCs or a family member/friend?
Message 28 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrong guy , that wasnt me

Message 29 of 59
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

My highest is a bit odd compared to most of yours...an FNBO card of all things.  While my scores are good (~750-760+), I'm not a high roller and I've got a lot of student loan debt, so I have just a few $10k+ starting limits.  No monster limits like a lot of folks here.

They are:  FNBO Travelite ($12.7k), Chase Hyatt ($10.5k), SPG Amex ($10.4k), Chase AARP ($10.2k), Barclays JetBlue ($10k), and the old Amex Blue for Business ($10k).

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 30 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.